PrimePay introduces eight free payroll calculators to help employees better manage their personal finances. Just click on a link below to access these calculators. There is no charge for using our calculators.
- Salary Paycheck Calculator calculates your net pay or "take home pay." Take home pay is what is left from your wages after withholdings for taxes and deductions for benefits have been subtracted. Salaried employees can enter either their annual salary or earnings per pay period.
- Hourly Paycheck Calculator calculates take home pay based on up to six different hourly pay rates that you enter. This is perfect for those who are paid on a changing hourly basis.
- Form W-4 Assistant will take you step by step through the process of filling out a Form W-4. The W-4 Form determines how much of your pay is withheld to pay Federal, and in some cases, state and local taxes. As the last step, you can even print an official copy to give to the payroll department at your company.
- Gross-Up Calculator determines the amount of gross wages before taxes and deductions are withheld, given a specific take-home pay amount.
- 401(k) Planner helps you plan for the future. Simply fill in your payroll check and 401(k) numbers. You can adjust the rate of return, contribution percentage and current plan balance to determine the value of your money in the future. This information is shown in both graphical and table format.
- Bonus Calculator by Percent Method uses supplemental tax rates to calculate withholding on special wage payments such as bonuses. If your state does not have a special supplemental rate, you will be forwarded to the aggregate bonus calculator. This is state-by state compliant for those states who allow the aggregate method or percent method of bonus calculations.
- Bonus Calculator by Aggregate Method uses your last payroll check amount to apply the correct withholding rates to special wage payments, such as bonuses. This is state-by state compliant for those states that allow the aggregate method or percent method of bonus calculations.
- Tip Tax Calculator is an easy way to verify or anticipate what your payroll check will be. For our calculations, we assume that the tip is already received by the employee.
Important Note on Calculators: The calculators provided on this web site may not match PrimePay payroll calculations and are only meant to provide general guidance and estimates about the payroll process. They should not be relied upon to calculate exact taxes, payroll or other financial data, and PrimePay disclaims any responsibility for such use. These calculators are not intended to provide tax or legal advice. You should consult with a professional advisor or accountant regarding your specific concerns.