How to Choose Between Full Service & Self Service Payroll
It doesn't matter whether you are a small business with 10 employees or a medium size business with 200 employees, you still need to worry about paying your employees. But how you actually handle your payroll processing can differ from one company to another. Some businesses may choose to handle their payroll in-house. While other companies may decide to outsource their payroll services to alleviate the hassles and administrative burdens associated with running payroll. When you choose to outsource your payroll, you have a couple options as to how involved you want to be in the process.
Payroll Services – Choose Your Level of Involvement
Typically there are two levels of involvement when it comes to payroll processing… full service and self service. Full service payroll gives you a dedicated payroll specialist to assist you each step of the way and takes the burden off your shoulders. Other business owners may want to be more involved in the process and decide to go with self service payroll using a secure web payroll entry system. Wonder which option is best for your business? Let's review some of the benefits for both levels of payroll involvement.
Benefits of Choosing a Full Service Payroll Solution
- Dedicated payroll specialist assigned to your account that knows your business and can answer any payroll questions you may have
- Complete payroll services from start to finish with payroll specialist assistance along the way
- Each payroll period your specialist will review the data you submit including the total hours worked, total number of checks & total dollar amount of your payroll
- Choose to submit your payroll data to PrimePay by phone, email or fax
- Recommendations on other business services that will benefit your company such as workers' comp insurance and pre-tax health spending accounts
Benefits of Choosing a Self Service/Web Service Payroll Solution
- Convenience & flexibility of submitting your payroll information online whenever you want
- Send your payroll to PrimePay outside of normal business hours… whether it is early in the morning or late at night
- Access, control and monitor your employee data and payroll information 24/7
- Secure client login through a unique user name and password
- Review your payroll totals online before submitting your payroll to PrimePay for processing